In the 1980's I was given a cassette tape to make some copies for a family. Sally Winn, an elderly mother, had recorded a tape as she dealt with an illness. It turned out that the tape was excellent. She used Bible scripture verses to keep her mind in focus and then talked and discussed how they should be applied. You name it, suffering, pain, depression, she covered her bases well.
I pulled this tape out of a cash of old cassette tapes that were in a corner of the closet. The beginning of part one was left off because of deterioration over the years. The rest of the tape was ok, so it was digitized and listed in four parts.
When times are tough no one can encourage and comfort like a mother. Perhaps there is someone out there needing a soothing touch from someone who has been in your situation. Remember this is not a professionally recorded tape, but it's content is excellent.
This tape has blessed me down through the years as I have listened to it. When times get hard and dark, this tape puts forth a light to give hope and perseverance. Below are the MP3 players to listen to the content. Below those are the verses to look at as she speaks. On the end of part 4 she sings and plays her instrument. It is obvious that she is an artistic person. Our friend that relayed the tape said that Sally was a blessing and joy to be around.
This list of spirit lifters is to be used along with the above audio.
Side 1 of audio cassette tape.
1. Jesus said unto him, if thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23
2. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever. Hebrews 18:8
3. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matt. 6:33
4. And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, ... Genesis 23:15
5. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22
6. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. John 15:3
7. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10
8. But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14
9. For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him keep away from evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. 1 Peter 3:10 & 11
10. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another: Romans 12:10
11. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10
12. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matt. 18:20
13. Therefore whosoever heareth will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock; Matt. 7:24
14. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Luke 11:9 & 10
15. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me. Psalm 3:5
16. A soft answer turneth away wrath; but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1
17. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; Acts 3:19
Side 2 of cassette tape
1. He giveth power to the faint; and to him that have no might he increaseth strength. Isaiah 40:29
2. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 1 Peter 5:6 & 7
3. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13
4. The Lord is my light and my salvation; who shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
5. But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked. Isaiah 57:20 & 21
6. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
7. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. Psalms 91:11
8. And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole. Mark 6:56
9. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints; Ephesians 6:16,17, & 18
10. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters. Psalm 23:2
11. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. kRevelation 21:7
12. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
13. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that bvelieveth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; John 11:25
14. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. 1 Corinthians 13:13